On Your Terms - Session 30 - krakenships
Calembour and Nel suggest not sacrificing the beggars or their property, but instead performing some worthy task for the greater good of the organization.
session, session 30, dungeons and dragons, dnd, pathfinder rpg, magic, tabletop rpg, tabletop, homebrew, adventurers anonymous, choose your own adventure, fantasy, cyoa, adventure, family name, powerful family, powerful families, high society, party, parties, elite families, the party, cult, the offering, sacrifice, human sacrifice, offering, cult initiation, on your terms, quest, prove yourself
16700
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-16700,single-format-standard,theme-bridge,bridge-core-1.0.5,woocommerce-no-js,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,columns-3,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-18.1,qode-theme-bridge,disabled_footer_top,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.0.2,vc_responsive

On Your Terms – Session 30

Welcome to the thirtieth session of Adventurers Anonymous. If you’re curious what and how it works, head here.

Check out the previous session of Adventurers Anonymous where the voted reply to a choice of sacrifices was, “Two miserable beggars seems a poor sacrifice. On the other hand, sacrificing our belongings would impair our ability to further serve this esteemed group and restore the eminence of our house in this city. I propose instead that you set us with a task worthy of this society and our great houses, and let us prove our commitment in a quest.”

On Your Terms

You and Nel look at one another as you’re confronted with a choice, one that clearly paints this organization in a bad light, to say the least. You quickly think of a way to salvage this situation. You reply to the speaker, “These two miserable beggars seem a poor sacrifice. On the other hand, sacrificing our belongings would impair our ability to further serve this esteemed group and restore the eminence of our house in this city.” Before you could finish, the speaker becomes enraged and bursts out, red-faced and screaming at you and Nel, “HOW DARE YOU! This is a sacred…” The speaker is cut off by an authoritative feminine voice, one that you recall from the party a fortnight ago, “SILENCE!” You turn to see the tall thin woman, Helaptus Pelantinem, holding her hand up towards the speaker. The speaker immediately stops yelling and looks to the ground, ashamed. She nods towards you to allow you to finish. You continue, “Well… I propose instead that you set us with a task worthy of this society and your great houses, and let us prove our commitment in a quest.”

 

Helaptus approaches you and Nel as she glancing at the two beggars who are still bound and full of fear. She looks at the two of you and softly says, “Refusing this request would be very ill-advised.” She pauses for a moment in thought before continuing, “But… perhaps you make a good point.” The speaker looks up with furious eyes, Helaptus shoots him a cold glare and he contains another outburst. She continues speaking as she looks back at you, “If we give these wretched creatures to serve your house and you are able to retain your belongings, you would perform a task worthy of us?” She looks around and gestures towards the many people in the small underground amphitheater. You and Nel nod as you reply, “Certainly! It would be wasteful to remove any of these resources. Me and my sister seek adventure!” You conjure a convincing performance, as some of what you say is truthful, all the better to sell the lie with. “Give us a means to prove ourselves on our own terms. We’re more valuable than most here. I would wagger quite a bit on that.”

 

Helaptus smirks ever so subtly as she replies, “You two are certainly deserving of your family’s ancient reputation, I’ll admit.” She ponders the offer for a moment as she looks around at the other families sitting around the circular stadium-like room as they all look on silently in anticipation. “Very well. What did you have in mind? What are the terms in which you two would choose to prove yourselves to us?”

Poll has been closed, thanks for voting! Be sure to check out the next session for the outcome!

What do you suggest to prove yourselves to the organization?
Stay Up To Date For Future Sessions and Posts

Be informed every time a new session goes live via email!

krakenships Body
[email protected]